Here are ten great reasons to visit Patagonia. on a Dragoman overland trip. The haunting moorlands of Patagonia cross both Argentina and Chile and is one of the few regions where its land mass spans to three oceans; the Atlantic, Pacific and the Southern Ocean. The term "patagon" was first used by Magellan describing the indigenous tribes of the region.
With fantastic trekking, huge outdoor spaces, wonderful wines and great food; overlanding through Patagonia with Dragoman has a huge amount to offer the intrepid traveller that really wants to get off the beaten track.
1. Visit a Chilean winery and sample some of the best vino in the world.
2. If Chilean wine isn’t enough then how about some Argentian Malbec?
3. Stunning overland drives through some of the most dramatic landscapes in the world in a Dragoman truck.
4. Get right up close to the Perito Moreno Glacier.
5. Hike the infamous W Walk in Torres Del Paine National Park.
6. Spot a Puma (might be hard).
7. Reach the most southerly land point and smell the fresh Antarctic air.
8. Gaze at the famous peaks of Mount Fitz Roy near El Chaltén.
9. Learn how to lasso like a gaucho on Dragoman's very own Estancia.
10. Escape civilisation and enjoy wide open spaces.