Duncan, from Wellington in New Zealand, has been on the road with us in South-East Asia, Central Asia, India and South America since November 2014.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
I worked for other overland companies before Dragoman, and before that I was working for DHL in New Zealand.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
To experience the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of Asia from behind the wheel and under the truck!
- What's your favourite destination?
Mandalay is a standout. The sunset at U Bein bridge or beers overlooking the Irrawaddy river...
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
Standing on a temple at sunrise in Bagan, and watching dozens of hot air balloons drifting overhead.
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
Head torch and sunglasses. Comfortable vision is a priority!
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Life is short and the world is wide. Get out there.