Jemima, from Hampshire in the UK, has been on the road for us in South America since September 2016.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
I worked for Kingsmill – the bread company.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
To see the world, to try to learn some languages and to attempt to stop eating so much bread!
- What's your favourite destination?
Uruguay – it was a real surprise. It’s an amazing country, the people are so friendly, the beaches are beautiful, the wine’s great, the steaks are massive, there’s loads of nature and Drago do an amazing homestay in the most beautiful area where the family teach you to cook local dishes.
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
Spending Christmas Eve in a service station in Brazil!! We put the Christmas tunes on, got the Christmas tree out, made some mulled wine, had some typical Austrian food and did Secret Santa. One of those once in a lifetime experiences!!
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
My sleeping bag and blanket – a good night’s sleep is a must, and I HATE being cold.
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Smile! It makes both you and the people around you so much happier! And always remember - the worse it seems at the time, the better the story to tell your mates when you get home!