Neill, from Naaldwijk in the Netherlands, has been on the road with us in South America, the Nile Route, East and Southern Africa, South-East Asia, and Central Asia since March 2013.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
For about 10 years I served in the Dutch military. After that I helped a few friends with their companies, and travelled around South East Asia and South America.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
I laid down 2 rules for my next job - first, it had to be outside of Europe, and second it had to be in the outdoors as much as possible. After searching for a while I found Dragoman's site, and knew immediately that this was what I wanted to do!
- What's your favourite destination?
My favourite so far is Argentina. In my eyes it has it all. Great scenery, mountains, food and wine, nature, and the people are great.
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
A passenger who was with me from Cuzco to La Paz turned 18 whilst doing the Community Trail. She got to the highest point on that trail of 4700m with blue skies and amazing views on her 18th! The best birthday ever she said!
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
A corkscrew (of course)!
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Enjoy the adventure!