Ryan, from County Armagh in Northern Ireland, has been on the road with us in South America, the Nile Route and East and Southern Africa since April 2015.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
I worked as a Timber Harvesting Manager in Scotland for a forestry company.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
I thought it would be really cool to work and travel at the same time, and I just happened to stumble upon an advertisement for Dragoman at the time and knew straight away that this was for me.
- What's your favourite destination?
So far my favourite place has been the Amazon jungle, hanging over the side of a boat fishing for piranahas, seeing the enormous trees and all the diverse species of animals was amazing.
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
We were all in a canoe on Lake Panacocha watching the sunset in silence - the birds were chirping, monkeys screeching, and insects buzzing. No one spoke for about 15 minutes, it was surreal!
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
My head torch.
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Get out there and see the world!