Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking whereby individuals are deprived of their freedom and are exploited for commercial or personal gain as enacted in the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
At Dragoman we are committed to a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and to acting with integrity in all our dealings, relationships, and supply chains. We expect the same high standards from all our staff members, suppliers, contractors, and those with whom we do business.
This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees, workers, consultants, volunteers, agents, contractors and suppliers.
- We recognise that there is a risk of modern slavery in areas of our business and supply chain due to the geographical areas where we operate our trips but adopt a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery.
- The prevention, detection, and reporting of modern slavery in any part of our business or supply chains is the responsibility of all those working for Dragoman or on our behalf. Our staff members must not engage in, facilitate or fail to report any activity that might lead to, or suggest, a breach of this policy.
- We encourage anyone to raise any concerns about modern slavery. We will support anyone who acts in good faith and will protect such ‘whistleblowers’ from detrimental treatment for raising concerns.
- If any suspicion is raised in relation to modern slavery, due diligence processes will be carried out and appropriate action taken. We will consider human rights in a sector or country, the type of sector in which a service provider operates, the countries from which services are provided, the nature of relationships with suppliers, and the complexity of supply chain(s).
- We will include standard wording in our supplier contracts for our suppliers to warrant compliance with anti-slavery and human trafficking laws and regulations within their own business and supply chains.
- To ensure understanding and commitment to our zero tolerance to modern slavery, we have included this Anti-Slavery Policy in the Staff Handbook which is given to staff based in the UK as well as in the Crew Manual which is given to on-the-road crew.
Any breaches of this policy may result in Dragoman taking disciplinary action against individual(s) and/or terminating its relationship with any organisation or supplier.